Hanging at Home
First choose the Chain Kit that contains all the hardware needed to suspend your Hangout Chair from a standard 8’ ceiling or pergola.
1. Locate any solid overhead beam* or use a stud finder to locate the center of a ceiling joist.
2. Drill a 1/4” pilot hole and screw the eye-bolt past the threads.
3. Attach one S-hook to the eye-bolt, add the chain, then the other S-hook.
4. Attach the Hamuhk Bar to the bottom S-hook.
* if screwing into a cedar beam, drill the pilot hole at a 45 degree angle or replace the bolt provided with an eye-bolt long enough to go through the beam, then anchor with a washer and nut.
First choose the Rope Kit that contains all the hardware needed to suspend your Chair Hamuhk from a tree.
1. Locate any solid overhead branch*
2. Wrap the rope securely around the branch, then attach the rope to the spreader bar with a carabiner.
3. Hang the each eye of the Chair Hamuhk onto each end of the bar.
4. Sit back and relax.
* Always make sure you feel safe when choosing a branch and make sure that the tree is alive. Make sure your branch is nice and thick enough to support your weight. Be nice to the tree!
Hanging on a Stand
First choose the Chain Kit that contains all the hardware needed to suspend your Chair Hamuhk from a stand.
1. Buy a stand*
2. Hang the chain from the stand hook
3. Sit back and relax.
* We don’t have stand available yet but we are working on that so we have all your hammock hanging options covered. Stay tuned.